Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Summer of Kohl's (AKA The Kohl's Chronicles)

Workin' two jobs is never good, but it's even worse when one of those jobs is at Kohl's. I got hired there three weeks ago and it has been a goddamn nightmare ever since. That red brick building houses mountains of yawn inspiring, crappy clothing which manage to accrue in the fitting rooms on purposeful piles on the floor.

My only job is to pick up clothes and put them back from whence they came.

The juniors department is terrible to work in, primarily because I have no choice but to overhear the conversations of 16 year olds who have just acquired their drivers license and decide to drive to Kohl's and try on 39 items just for the fuck of it. I wouldn't mind it terribly if they actually hung the damn clothes up when they're done. But that will clearly never happen.

On my very first day of work at 9:30 pm(the store closes at 10), four girls wearing graphic tees with the likes of Elmo and Alice in Wonderland on them, came into the Juniors department and viciously attacked the clearance rack and the disastrously tacky Candies clothes. As they were trying things on they were making very loud conversation about how they wanted to see each other nakedLOLOMGZ. I must say, I did honestly LOL when the shorter, stout girl sought approval from her friends. "You guys, I can't believe I need to wear a large now. It's just because my boobs are so big, you know. You guys know I'm really a medium, right?!" I guess she's not fat, she's big boobed. When she exited the fitting room leaving all the clothes in a pile on the floor, it took all my willpower to keep from walking up to her, putting my hand on her shoulder and saying, "Honey...you're a large".

No comments: