Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Kohl's Chronicles pt. 2

The associates (read: bitchworkers) had to stay an hour and fifteen minutes after the store closed today. I do so much folding at work that when I get home and have to do my own laundry, I think I should be exempt from folding. But that is sadly not the case.

A peculiar thing happened today. A boy who was about 12 years old came up to me and asked if we sold necklaces for boys. This kid didn't even look gay (Yes, I know I'm a terrible person). After one failed search on Google, I discovered that there is a decently sized market for jewelry for males. Interestingly enough, the pendants are of skulls, dragons, axes, bald eagles, and, y'know, griffins. I guess the only way a man can get a way with wearing jewelry is if it's hyper-masculine. Overcompensation, anyone?

Another interesting thing I learned at work is that you can eat Crocs. One of my fellow employees was wearing them (which is actually completely against the company dress code, but who gives a fuck) and she said that she saw on TV that they are actually edible. That's good to know if I ever get stranded on a remote island with Crocs in tow. (Ironically, a deserted locale is the only place I would wear ever wear those shoes. Screw comfort, those shoes are fug!). A quick search brought some clarity to the situation. P S over at Yahoo Answers states, "Yes, you can eat them, but you will also crap them out undigested!". His source(s): "My dog ate one". Debunked! Crocs would've maybe earned some respect if it had turned out they could potentially save someone's life in a dire situation. They're just plain tragic and have nothing to contribute to society. Essentially, they're the Phoebe Price of footwear.

No comments: